Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sideways


Have u ever watched a television show or seen a movie, or have just been browsing through a store and heard a song catch your ear that you really like? I know this has happened about 10-12 times in my life. Have you tried endlessly to figure out what song it was you heard? I have found a pretty sure-fire way to figure out a song. The key is to find the hook or repeated chorus and memorize a line or two. Once you have this memorized just put that line in parentheses in the google search engine and bingo - 9 times out of 10 you will get your song! I wish I had thought of this earlier - I am sure I have missed out on 4 or 5 great songs that I heard once and never again (is this really a good song then?) Anyways, this happened to me tonight. I had flipped through some channels and heard a song come on at the end of a show on NBC...all I caught was "these feelings won't go away" and he said it several times. So I went and put it into google and sure enough, after a little digging it came up with "Sideways by Citizen Cope". I was quite happy with my new findings. After listening to the whole song I was quite happy with my itunes purchase, and now have another "rainy day" song in my repertoire. If you get a chance, check out the song, it's pretty cool. Anyone else have any mystery song success or failure stories. Another one is "Breathe Me" by Sia. I love random songs. However, I have noticed that if you really like a song from a movie, they rarely sound as good when you just listen to it w/o the visuals you were seeing. Video adds so much to the emotion of a song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home